Supporting Organizations and Key Partners
- Canadian Institute for Conflict Resolution (CICR) www.cicr-icrc.ca
- St. Paul’s University http://ustpaul.ca
- Ontario Community Mediation Coalition www.ontcmc-comc.com
- YOUCAN www.youcan.ca
Becoming a Mediator: Conflict Resolution Training and Accreditation
The following training programs are available in Ottawa.
- CICR Third-Party Neutral program: www.cicr-icrc.ca/en/services/training/third-party-neutral-program
- Carleton University Graduate Diploma in Conflict Resolution: www1.carleton.ca/law/prospective-students/conflict/
- Stitt Feld Handy Group, accredited by the University of Windsor Law School: www.sfhgroup.com/
The ADR Institute of Ontario (www.adrontario.ca) establishes provincial standards for approving training courses and oversees the professional designations of Chartered Mediator (C.Med) and Certified Family Mediators (Cert. F. Med.).
Other Mediation Resources
Ontario Association for Family Mediation https://www.oafm.on.ca
Better Business Bureau – Dispute Handling and Resolution www.bbb.org/council/programs-services/dispute-handling-and-resolution/